Saturday, 26 November 2016

Week 5 - Homework SUBTRACTIVE TONE PORTRAITS






These images didn't turn out how I had hoped as they look very cartoon like. However I like the composition of the head portrait images as they use the size of the page to an advantage. Although it has much room for improvement, the use of foreshortening can be seen improving through my full body portraits. As for the faces I feel like this could do with some improvements to make them look less cartoon like, I will aim to practise this outside of practical sessions and in my own time in order to create an improvement. I could also look at improving these images by blending in the background more or using a graphite stick instead of charcoal in order to remove the streaky affect which appears in these images.

No comments:

Post a Comment